REQUIREMENTS FOR BLOCK PARTY APPROVAL
1. Block Party Request form and
Neighborhood Petition form must be filled out completely
and submitted to the Fairfield Police, Special Services
2. All residents on the street must be
contacted and 80% must agree to closing the street.
Neighbor contact will be verified by the completion of
the Neighborhood Petition form.
3. Movable barricades shall be used at
the ends of the street to be closed and adequate
lighting provided if the closure continues after dusk to
4. Objects such as tents, tables and
inflatable games that would hinder free access to
emergency vehicles cannot be placed in the roadway.
5. The Department of Public Works may
provide barricades for street closure if they have an
adequate supply and with plenty of advance notice.