Commission Meetings are held at 4:30PM on the 2nd Wednesday of every Month at Fairfield Police Headquarters (100 Reef Road, Fairfield, CT 06824)
Agendas & MinutesMeeting Agendas & Minutes
Honorable Board of Police Commissioners
|Arthur Hersh (R)||Chairman||11/12 - 11/17|
|Samuel Lazinger, Esq. (R)||Secretary||11/11 - 11/16|
|Susan P. Barrett (D)||Commissioner||11/14 - 11/19|
|Charlene Lebo (D)||Commissioner||11/12 - 11/17|
|Norma Peterson, Esq (R)||Commissioner||11/13 - 11/18|
|John E. Stone, Jr. (R)||Commissioner||12/15 - 12/20|
The Fairfield Police Department is overseen by the Police Commission. Members of the Police Commission are appointed by the Fairfield Board of Selectmen and each member serves a term of five (5) years.
Some of the powers and duties of the Police Commission are:
- General management and supervision of the Police Department and of all property and equipment used by or in connection with the operation of the department;
- Create and maintain rules and regulations consistent with the General Statutes and the Charter for the governance of the Police Department and its personnel, and may prescribe penalties for violations of its rules and regulations;
- Appoint and promote to all positions in the Police Department, including the position of Chief of Police.
- Determine the qualifications for each rank and grade in the Police Department
- Determine the number of officers and other employees of the police department and of the several ranks and grades and their compensation.