Fairfield Police are conducting tests for Regular Police Officers,
please check the "RECRUITMENT" page for details.
Qualifications for Employment
At the time of employment applicants must be:
- 21 years of age
- A citizen of the United States
- Have graduated High School or possess a recognized GED
- Have a valid motor vehicle license
- Never been arrested and convicted of a Felony or class A or B misdemeanor.
- Meet other qualifications required by the Fairfield Police Department
Special Agents are part-time employees only. They work under the direction of the Special Services Division Commander. This position no way guarantees a position on the regular police force.
The Animal Control office is staffed with one full time and three part time positions.
School Crossing Guards are seasonal employees working under the direction of the Special Services Division. Positions will be posted and advertised when there is a vacancy.
Marina Guards are seasonal employees working under the direction of the Special Services Divsion.
Salary Range: $35,844 - $50,386
There are currently no positions open for employment
The Town of Fairfield Emergency Communications Center is responsible for receiving, assessing, prioritizing and dispatching all emergency and routine calls for service from the public, to include requests for police, fire and medical assistance. Work involves the accurate receipt and transmission of emergency and routine messages over radio, telephone, and computer systems, constant tracking of field units, accurate records management skills, and the providing of emergency medical instructions as needed.
Requirements for employment:
- Candidates must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No felony arrests or convictions - No misdemeanor convictions
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation, psychological evaluation and medical examination.
- Must be able to accept assignment to any shift, and work weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Shift differential pay.
- Twelve paid holidays per year.
- Medical and Dental coverage.
- Prescription Drug Plan.
- Paid vacation days.
- Group Life and Accidental Death Insurance policy
- Town of Fairfield Employees’ Retirement Plan
The Town of Fairfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer