NO POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
The Fairfield Police Department is currently authorized to have up to 100 special agents. These agents work with our regular police officers and assist us with our community policing efforts.
Special Agents perform a wide range of functions including:
- Parking enforcement at beaches, railroad stations and the center of Town.
- Security at railroad stations and beaches
- Community policing patrols in the downtown area
- Traffic details as needed.
Special Agents work part-time and their assignment can vary according to the needs of the Police Department. They receive training in issuing parking tickets, traffic control and other topics but they are not certified police officers. Special Agents in Fairfield do not make arrests.
The history of the Special Agent in Fairfield goes back to the Second World War. Many of the special officers played a vital role within the department while sworn officers were fighting overseas.
Qualifications for Employment
At the time of employment applicants must be:
- 21 years of age
- A citizen of the United States
- Have graduated High School or possess a recognized GED
- Have a valid motor vehicle license
- Never been arrested and convicted of a Felony or class A or B misdemeanor.
- Meet other qualifications required by the Fairfield Police Department
Special Agents are part-time employees only. They work under the direction of the Special Services Division Commander. This position in no way guarantees a position on the regular police force.