NO POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
The Town of Fairfield Emergency Communications Center is responsible for receiving, assessing, prioritizing and dispatching all emergency and routine calls for service from the public, to include requests for police, fire and medical assistance. Work involves the accurate receipt and transmission of emergency and routine messages over radio, telephone, and computer systems, constant tracking of field units, accurate records management skills, and the providing of emergency medical instructions as needed.
Requirements for employment:
- Candidates must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No felony arrests or convictions - No misdemeanor convictions
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation, psychological evaluation and medical examination.
- Must be able to accept assignment to any shift, and work weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Shift differential pay.
- Twelve paid holidays per year.
- Medical and Dental coverage.
- Prescription Drug Plan.
- Paid vacation days.
- Group Life and Accidental Death Insurance policy
- Town of Fairfield Employees’ Retirement Plan
Click here for more information on the Emergency Communications Center.