Detective Belinda Papageorge
The Investigation Division of the Fairfield Police Department is responsible for the handling and issuing of all permits.
Individuals wanting to apply for a State of Connecticut Pistol Permit can either pick up an application at the Fairfield Police Department (24/7) or download one from the link below. Please be sure to follow the application instructions included with the packet.
You will need to complete the application and return it to the Fairfield Police Department along with the following items:
- Completed, signed and notarized application (notary must note his/her expiration date).
- Passport-sized photo (2"x2").
- Obtain and submit a certification of competency with a handgun from a NRA firearms instructor, from a gun club officer or from a police firearms instructor.
- Provide proof of your date and place of birth (Copy of your birth certificate, passport or naturalization certificate).
- Provide proof you are a Fairfield resident and/or business owner.
- Submit the following payments:
- $87.00 Cashier's Check or Money Order payable to Fairfield Police Department
- $70.00 Cashier's Check or Money Order payable to Fairfield Police Department
Once the application is completed, it should be taken to the Fairfield Police Department, 100 Reef Road, ONLY during the following hours:
- Tuesday and Thursday 1pm - 5pm - OR - Saturday 9am - 12 noon.
If your documents are in order, you will be fingerprinted at the time of submission, which will conclude the application process. Applicants should be aware that the review process is approximately 8 weeks long.
If approved, applicant will receive a Temporary State Pistol Permit which can be redeemed for a full permit at any Connecticut State Police Barracks.
Any person and business selling or offering for sale, any goods or services, door to door, or road side stands are considered Transient Merchants and are required to secure a license/permit with certain exceptions.
Exceptions to this license requirement include farmers and gardeners, salesman selling to businesses, vendors at fairs on Town property, licensed and registered non-profit charitable organizations, salesman invited by residents, minors using a roadside stand.
All licensed Transient Merchants are required to display their issued badge/license.
Any vehicle used by a license Transient Merchant shall prominently display their badge/license in the front windshield.
Licensed Transient Merchants may only conduct door-to-door solicitations between 10 AM and 5 PM. (Refer to complete ordinance for exceptions)
Violation of TO Chapter 99 is subject to a fine not to exceed $100.00 for each solicitation.Read Entire Ordinance
The following permits are also available from the Fairfield Police Department:
- Games of Chance
- Precious Metal Dealers